In order to help you to decide on the best calligraphy books for beginners, I have looked over a good number of books written about calligraphy. I feel glad to talk over all the picked guide books. You need to scroll down until you find out your best writing assistance.
|Rank||Book Name & Author||Image||Rating||Price|
|1||The Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners by June & Lucy||9.4||View on Amazon|
|2||Lettering and Modern Calligraphy: A Beginner’s Guide by Paper Peony Press||9.2||View on Amazon|
|3||The Hand Lettering Workbook: Step-by-Step Instructions, Practice Pages, and DIY Projects by Amanda Kammarada||9.2||View on Amazon|
|4||Hand Lettering 101: An Introduction to the Art of Creative Lettering (Modern Calligraphy Series) by Chalkfulloflove||9.2||View on Amazon|
|5||Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy: A Step-by-Step Manual (Lettering, Calligraphy, Typography) by Eleanor Winters||9.2||View on Amazon|
1. The Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners
For anyone who is interested in learning the art of modern calligraphy, this is the perfect book for you. The Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering provides an easy introduction to one of the most rewarding hobbies and crafts there is. With just over 100 pages of easy to follow content, this book is perfect for anyone beginning their lettering journey no matter where you are starting from.
Whether you want to learn brush lettering as a fun hobby, to take your bullet journal or planner skills to the next level, or you want to create custom lettering designs for your business. You can use brush lettering to make perfectly designed gift wrapping, address picture perfect cards, or create unique pantry labels. There is no limit to how you can apply this skill to your daily life.
Inside the Book
- It provides unlimited guidelines about word positioning, style, and posture.
- You could know about various supportive tools to enhance your writing skill.
- It mentions the basic strokes and design compositions to aid you.
- You will learn how to compose a piece in your own style at ease.
- It focuses on shadow effects, sketches, and illustrations of words.
2. Lettering and Modern Calligraphy: A Beginner’s Guide
Learn to letter and create beautiful designs with this beginner’s guide and workbook. Every page is filled with tips, tricks encouragement and practice space to kickstart your lettering journey. Learn 5 different alphabet styles, upper and lower case letters, practice connections, and dive into design and composition with this beautiful lettering book. At the end of this book, there are also 15 beautiful lettering projects to help you bring together your knowledge and skill and help you begin to create beautiful works of art. You can do this. Let learn how to upgrade your handwriting and learn this amazing and fun form of art.
Inside the Book
- It discusses the anatomy of upper and lower case letters in detail.
- It instructs the required project ideas to be experts in handwriting.
- You will get the idea of letter positioning, designing, and formatting through it.
- You will be comfortable in strokes, connections, and composition through it.
- The five different alphabet styles and excellent illustration guide will make you adept.
3. The Hand Lettering Workbook: Step-by-Step Instructions
If you’re looking for a hand lettering book with step-by-step instructions and plenty of practice pages, The Hand Lettering Workbook is just what you need. The first three sections of the book teach you hand lettering, brush lettering, and faux calligraphy (drawing letters in a traditional calligraphic style but without a calligraphy pen). The fourth section will help you explore more complex techniques that will really bring your hand lettering to life.
The Hand Lettering Workbook features an art supplies list and info: you can learn the difference between monoline, brush, and water pens, and different kinds of pencils and paper.
In-depth instructions: you can study how to draw A to Z (upper and lowercase) in seven different styles/fonts. Practice pages with detailed markings are included to help you master each letter.
Advanced techniques: it offers to learn how to connect letters and make words, add illustrations and other embellishments, and develop your own signature style.
Inside the Book
- It describes the optimal approach to connecting letters.
- It provides a hint of letter embellishment and illustrations.
- You can carry out some handy projects through this book.
- You find seven exclusive alphabet styles and exact word-formation tips.
- It will instruct you on the distinctions of several writing tools.
4. Hand Lettering 101: An Introduction to the Art of Creative Lettering
Hand Lettering 101 includes detailed instructions for nine different hand-lettered projects. This is an introduction, so no experience is needed. Since practice is key, this gold, spiral-bound workbook lays flat and provides plenty of opportunities for practice. So, pour yourself a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and settle in to learn how to make your own unique, adorable hand-lettered creations.
With Hand Lettering 101, author Chalkfulloflove brings her popular Austin-based Hand Lettering 101 workshop right to you with this beginner’s workbook. If you follow Chalkfulloflove on social media, you and thousands of others already know how adorable Sarah’s hand-lettered creations are. Hand Lettering 101 teaches Sarah’s fun faux-calligraphy style: you will learn the strokes to letter the lower and upper case alphabets and numbers 0-9, learn techniques for connecting letters, get tips on how to mix and match fonts and learn to add flair with flourishes.
Inside the Book
- It comes with eight-plus projects to develop your lettering expertise.
- It incorporates the crucial instruction of mixing various fonts and designs.
- It describes the exquisite technique of letter connection and formation.
- You can learn the basics of illustration and strokes by dint of this guiding book.
- The book features thicker paper, gold spiral, and corner protectors.
5. Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy: A Step-by-Step Manual
In this practical manual, a noted calligraphy teacher offers a comprehensive, step-by-step guide for the student. Beginning with a brief but fascinating history of copperplate, she moves quickly to an in-depth examination of the alphabet, numbers, and punctuation. Each letter is demonstrated stroke by stroke with a clear explanation.
Students will learn the fundamentals of copperplate–its minuscule and capital letters, from basic strokes to elaborate variations. The book includes a calligraphic glossary of terms. A detailed discussion of the essential tools, their advantages, and disadvantages: pen (quills, nibs, etc.), ink (dense vs thin, colored, etc.), paper (smoothness, weights), markers, pencils, and more.
Contemporary examples are provided of commercial and fine art calligraphy. This book is perfect, whether you are an expert or just a beginner.
Developed by English handwriting masters in the 18th century, copperplate calligraphy is admired for its fluidity and beauty. It is the most popular style for social correspondence, invitations, and other communications requiring an elegant hand. With this easy-to-follow manual and some practice, calligraphers will be able to create copperplate scripts with the rhythm, grace, and ease of the great writing masters.
Inside the book
- It’s a step-by-step manual for calligraphy, lettering, and typography.
- It explains the pen angles and strokes elaborately to help you.
- It provides the ultimate guide for word illustration, formation, and font matching.
- You will get various approaches for letting and connecting through it.
- You will get advice on developing your own styles in an expressive way.