When you think about the economics books for beginners you basically think about the most effective economics books. I am only concerned for students who have just started studying economics here. Information that I provide with the best economics books will benefit the maximum in deciding the right books students need indeed for Introductory Economics. So, keep reading on to get the best book idea about economics to collect your needed one.
Best Economics Books for Beginners
|Book Name & Author||Image||Rating||Price|
|The Economics Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK||9.4||View on Amazon|
|Economics 101: From Consumer Behavior to Competitive Markets-Everything You Need to Know About Economics (Adams 101) by Alfred Mill||9.2||View on Amazon|
|Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics by Henry Hazlitt||9.3||View on Amazon|
|The Value of Everything: Making and Taking in the Global Economy by Mariana Mazzucato||9.0||View on Amazon|
|Principles of Macroeconomics 2e by OpenStax by Steven A. Greenlaw & David Shapiro||9.2||View on Amazon|
1. The Economics Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained
The author explained all the complicated economic theories and questions to give you a solid understanding of economics. Each topic is described broadly in order that you could flourish your knowledge. The visual guide of production and distribution of wealth seems highly pleasant. You could trace out the long-run unseen consequences of economic sense through this insightful book. The groundbreaking book will take you through the core concepts of economics to comprehend the importance of the role of incentives in economics.
You will dive deeper into the history of economics through this intuitive book. The intuition of substantive economics will become pretty clear to you. And you will vividly grasp how the economy shapes the entire world. Moreover, the book explains some big issues that are yet obscure to the common people. This book will allow you to explore up to 100 key ideas of the world’s famous economists. As the book comes with accessible, funny, and narrative guides, you don’t need to obtain an economic degree to get through it.
The innovative visual graphics and step-by-step flow diagrams make all the abstract concepts easy to understand. You could realize the importance of economic knowledge in material life through this encyclopedia. From taxation to the housing market, the book will provide you with full invaluable economic knowledge. It also highlights the study of microeconomics. By reading this marvelous book, you will have ideas of how the economy operates and what steps require to ensure economic growth and prosperity. The method of making money from money has been depicted smartly in this book.
Inside the Book
- The book covers how money and goods flow between producers and consumers.
- It breaks down the industrial and economic revolutions through some distinct arguments.
- This book explains a wide variety of complicated economic questions and theories in a digestible manner.
- The book dives deeper into post-war economics, contemporary economics, and war and depressions.
- You will have a profound insight into why money causes inflation and how the economy can be counted.
- It discusses why population growth causes poverty and why property should be private.
- You could learn how economies are embedded in culture and why the system of the free market is stable.
2. Economics 101: From Consumer Behavior to Competitive Markets
As you’re in pursuit of economic knowledge, you may make a consolidated bond with this excellent guidebook. The book covers everything you need to learn economics in a straightforward approach. It provides hands-on lessons to keep you engaged in exploring economic ideas. All the rigorous rules and complex theories are interpreted through references and practical examples. Hundreds of entertaining tidbits and concepts are covered to allow you to master economics at ease. All the major principles of finance have been portrayed to encourage you to learn economics in detail.
From consumer behavior to competitive markets, the book points out everything that you need to explore. Moreover, you will learn the concepts of inflation, price ceilings, game theory, monopolies and oligopolies, and so on. The book will aid you to discover how societies allocate their resources for maximum benefit. You will find the answer to why money matters and how money can be generated from money. The author discussed how proper economic sense can transform the world by overcoming the current challenges. He also pointed out the tactics of eradicating poverty by helping the poor.
In this compelling book, you will find a deep insight into the gross domestic product that revolves around economics. It uncovers the poverty-busting policies that lead to the nasty consequences in economics. The approaches of having economic liberty, the intersection of government and economics, and the importance of free-market have been discussed in an engaging, interesting, and accessible writing tone. Furthermore, the book talks about all the inequalities that are obstructing economic growth. It also illustrates the cognitive bias of the economy, the origin of the banking system, and the reasons for economic downfall with concrete examples.
Inside the Book
- The book covers the emergence of free trade and the importance of comparative advantage.
- This book shows the difference between capitalism and socialism and points out the origin of banking.
- It describes the genre of traditional, command, market, and other economics.
- It focuses on the time value of money, controlling cost, production function, and interest rate.
- You will learn about the international trade and trade barrier, market, consumer behavior, and so on.
- This book will teach you the interconnection of government, economics, and accounting.
- You will find clear concepts of all the major principles of economics in an accessible and funny manner.
3. Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest and Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics
Economics in One Lesson comes with the basic theories of economics. It’s one of the best economics books for beginners to learn economics from scratch. The book provides the easiest way to master such an essential subject in no time. Apart from academic study, the book can be an ideal tool for individuals, especially those who are willing to learn the principles of the economy. It’s concise and descriptive; therefore, you will find everything you need to flourish your wisdom of the economy. The free market and capitalism from economic myths will become crystal clear to you with the help of this book.
The author focused on non-governmental interventions to alleviate economic complexities around the world. So you could observe how to gain the economic liberty of individuals even without the support of the government. He also demonstrated the interaction of government and economy in the current world. The book explains the strategies of having fast economic growth and prosperity by surpassing the poverty concerns. You will find a deep understanding of the concepts of trade, supply, demand, and private ownership.
To distribute wealth, the economic equations play a pivotal role; and this book covers the equations with concrete examples. Furthermore, it breaks down the necessity of the understanding of economics in human life. No matter what your knowledge level in economics is, the book will take you through the advanced stage without putting extra pressure on you. As it’s composed of visual diagrams, you could easily capture all the abstract concepts. Even it will show you the approach of making the accurate allocation of resources, referring to the philosophy of some great economists.
Inside the Book
- The book comes with the fundamental principles and concepts of economics to guide you.
- It covers how the price system works and what are the criteria for having a developing economic stance.
- This book describes how taxes discourage production and the minimum wage laws.
- It points out the curse of machinery and why credit diverts production in the economy.
- You will find a clear concept of the government price-fixing, stabilizing commodity, and rent control system.
- The book will instruct you on the mirage of inflation, the function of profits, and the assault on savings.
- You could realize the complex and advanced theories of economics at ease through this book.
4. The Value of Everything: Making and Taking in the Global Economy
It’s another useful book on economics for beginners. The book predominantly delineates the difference between value extraction and value creation in economics. It reveals the economic theories that are dominating the current global financial system. The ways, in which economic value has been accounted for are rigorously scanned in this great book. You could gather apparent knowledge of how the foggy notions of value create confusion between profits and rents through this book. In addition, the book will show you how the growth of GDP is being distorted.
Mariana Mazzucato, the author of this book argued how innovation suffers and inequality rises. She provided some strategies to ensure long-term economic growth by rescuing the economy from the upcoming crisis. The importance of the public section along with private ownership has been portrayed explicitly in this book. You could grasp how the role of public policy and capitalism impact the progress of the economy. All the lessons provide a clear explanation of the major principles of economy in order that you could realize the value of everything.
The book comes with extraordinary analysis and inspiration for the individual who loves to get in touch with the economy. As it provides radical guidelines on corporate strategy, global development, and the latest economic development, you could easily determine how economic sense is integrated into the overall advancement of developing countries. This book emphasis all the materials you tend to explore to enhance your expertise in economics. Thanks to the engaging and interesting writing tone since you will get engaged in the book until you finish reading it.
Inside the Book
- The book scrutinizes the approach of ensuring economic values and indicates the current global financial system.
- It talks about value creation and value extraction which are essential for assessing existing value.
- This book points out the role of public policy and the importance of long-term economic growth.
- It discusses how foggy economic concepts disrupt a stable economy and increase inequality.
- You will learn how to measure the wealth of nations and the financialization of the real economy.
- The book will teach you how to extract value through the innovation economy rapidly.
- You will have deep insight into the economics of hope, unproductive entrepreneurship, the banking problems, and so on.
5. Principles of Macroeconomics 2e
This book is composed based on deep economic research. You will have a solid understanding of the principles of macroeconomics. The book incorporates the latest laws of economics to provide a complete overview. As it focuses on the sentiment of students, it’s renowned to be one of the best economics books for students. It covers the entire academic course and includes some exceptional tricks to acquire a good command of economic. So you will never get stuck in mastering the subject. The book insists on the basic concepts in order that you can comprehend everything from scratch.
It will take you through the advanced economics ideas gradually. That means you don’t need to reach out for any other book to learn economics thoroughly. Plus, the book illustrates the complex theories through some visual diagrams to make you highly excel in the subject. The applications of economic theories are represented vividly throughout the book. Besides, the book will introduce you to the role of incentives and the overall financing system. It will also show you the historical context of economics.
To observe how the economy operates, it can be your best companion. It will teach you the intersection of economics and politics, the economics of information, globalization, and the future of economics. You will also find the most obvious concept of the economic crisis through this book. Measuring the size of economics and tracking real GDP over time will be easier with the help of this book. Moreover, the book will acquaint you with international trade and capital flows. In this book, you will find an apparent explanation of the process of organizing economics.
Inside the Book
- The book gives a complete overview of macroeconomics and microeconomics.
- It covers the concepts of elasticity and pricing, labor and financial market, and international trade and capital flows.
- This book shows how to adjust nominal values to real values, track inflation, and measure the size of the economy.
- The book provides the patterns of unemployment, components of economic growth, and bank regulation.
- You will learn how to integrate demand, supply, and efficiency in the economic term.
- It will teach you the principles of monetary policy, exchange rate policy, and balance of trade concerns.
- You will have ideas of pure taxation, economic convergence, and the confronting objections to the economic approach.
Why Studying Economics is Important Today?
In fact, studying economics provides you with not just an understanding of human behavior, but also cultivates in students the problem-solving, analytical, communication, and persuasion skills that are critical for success in today’s job market. Economists can provide key insights into how to make a product or service appeal more to customers by de-constructing their incentives and desires. The deep knowledge of consumer behavior, business policy, and volatile markets that economics provides you can help companies make intelligent decisions to promote greater business growth and success.
At present, companies are always eager to find better ways to make their value proposition clearer and more compelling; this is why skilled economists and economic analysts are in heavy demand across industries today. Following up on the study of economics with an MBA opens up lucrative opportunities in marketing, finance, and consulting, making it a vital first step onto a career path with exciting growth opportunities and prospects. This is one of the reasons that graduate in economics and postgraduates with a background in economics command some of the highest wages in the global job market.
Economics in Everyday Life
In our daily lives, we are called to make choices at our homes and in the marketplace, how much to spend and save, how to allocate our savings between different kinds of financial assets, whether to take a regular cab or an Uber, how much to pay for health insurance, whether to switch jobs, to move to a different city, where to go for vacation, and so on. These kinds of decisions are part of our everyday life that they are also the domain of much of what politicians constantly make promises to us about.
How would we evaluate what our elected leaders tell us? How would we participate in a democracy as responsible, informed citizens? It is tough for us to answer such questions without having a proper understanding of economics. Economics is a basic civic literacy requirement. It teaches us how to make choices, how to interact in society, how to evaluate the work being done by our elected representatives, and much more. Every citizen in a country needs to know economics so as to live and participate meaningfully in society.