A child’s first instinct is to pick up a pencil and begin drawing. As new technology becomes more accessible to families and children, it opens new opportunities to teach important creative skills. Drawing is one of these essential skills. If you want to collect the best how-to drawing books for kids, this post has the perfect guideline for you. Learning how to draw is a lifelong journey that can begin at any age. However, it’s important to learn essential drawing techniques and to practice as much as a kid can. There’s a range of educational books that can make this process both easy and fun.
Best Drawing Books for Kids
|Book Name & Author||Image||Rating||Price|
|The Drawing Book for Kids: 365 Daily Things to Draw Step by Step by Woo! Jr. Kids Activities Books||9.5||View on Amazon|
|All the Things: How to Draw Books for Kids by Alli Koch||9.5||View on Amazon|
|How to Draw: Easy Techniques and Step-by-Step Drawings for Kids by Aaria Baid||9.5||View on Amazon|
|How to Draw Anime (Includes Anime, Manga and Chibi) Part 1 Drawing Anime Faces by Joseph Stevenson||9.5||View on Amazon|
|Portrait Drawing for Kids: A Step-by-Step Guide to Drawing Faces by Angela Rizza||9.3||View on Amazon|
1. The Drawing Book for Kids: 365 Daily Things to Draw Step by Step
Turn creativity into ability. The activities in The Drawing Book for Kids book help kids turn their love of drawing into skill. With tips on how to draw, easy techniques, and tons of ideas, soon they will be able to take their creativity to a new level. If your kids are fascinated by art, sketching, or just want to learn how to draw cute illustrations, this book provides easy drawing ideas step-by-step.
A step-by-step drawing guide for every interest. Whether you’re looking for gifts for girls who want to learn how to draw cute things or boys who love cartoon drawing, this book is filled with possibilities. It contains 365 things to draw every day for an entire year animal, objects, food, plants, vehicles, sports, holiday symbols, and more. Every activity is like a mini-lesson in the art for kids, broken down into simple steps so that all budding artists can create a masterpiece. With easy instructions for step-by-step drawing, kids can turn their creativity into artistic confidence.
If you’re looking for easy drawing books, children’s drawing books, or step-by-step drawing books for kids 9-12 or 6-8—like How to Draw Cute Stuff or How To Draw Almost Everything for Kids you’ll love The Drawing Book for Kids.
Inside the Book
- Objects in nature like animals, trees, waterfalls, leaves, and flowers.
- Guitars, pianos, harps, and other musical instruments.
- Sporty items like footballs, tennis rackets, and baseball gloves.
- Robots, mythical creatures, holidays, cartoons, people, and more.
- The book comprises some extraordinary drawing techniques and guidelines to help the kids.
- It describes everything in a smart approach and influences the kids to get absorbed in drawing.
- This book gives up to 365 beginner-level art projects for your children to practice for a full year.
2. All the Things: How to Draw Books for Kids
No matter whether your kids have drawn before or not, you can provide this well-composed book to introduce them to drawing. It will teach your beloved children how to draw and how to apply the necessary drawing instruments. It covers up to 42 attractive, educational, and informative projects for your kiddies. They will gain much confidence in no time by practicing all the given artworks once. Moreover, they will be well-versed in basic art skills by performing every mini-lesson.
Perfect for budding artists and kids who have never drawn before, this beginner drawing book will teach your kid how to draw cool things in no time. Author and professional artist Alli Koch’s kid-friendly, mini drawing lessons will help your child practice their basic art skills and teach them how to draw with confidence. This book is perfect for kids 8-12, but kids 5-7 with an interest in art will be able to easily follow along as well. From cupcakes to unicorns, to cars, and cats, your kid will be drawing all sorts of things that they’ll want to show off to their friends, or color afterward and hang in their room.
Inside the Book
- A kid will find extraordinary points and suggestions to explore the upgraded drawing capability.
- It’s a complete guidebook that makes the kids well-versed in drawing without any previous experience.
- This book combines some stunning real-life projects to make them experts in creating things.
- It’s ideal for achieving the use of art materials and the approach to drawing shapes.
- The diagrams and fun facts will influence your children to be engaged in drawing for long hours.
- Your kids will gain critical thinking skills, problem-solving capability, and the utmost imagination ability.
- The overall methodology of this book is digestible and favorable to kids 5-12 years old.
3. How to Draw: Easy Techniques and Step-by-Step Drawings for Kids
Anyone can create a work of art with a little bit of help and imagination. This kid-friendly guide walks budding artists through the first steps of learning to draw, teaching them to capture the world around them with just a pencil and paper. Kids will get the opportunity to try their hand at awesome art projects ranging from magical creatures and cartoons to realistic landscapes, portraits and more learning essential artistic techniques as they go.
How to Draw for kids includes the basics of drawing, discovering how to shade dark and light, using perspective, creating 3D shapes, balancing proportion and scale, and more.
Easy-to-follow steps follow along from start to finish with simple instructions and illustrations for every exercise. A variety of projects get creative with a wide range of drawing projects including hand lettering, drawing animals, creating optical illusions, and cartooning. Awaken the artist within and become a confident drawer with this step-by-step guide to how to draw for kids.
This book packs a wealth of useful information and techniques for anyone interested in learning how to draw or improve their drawing skills and is beautifully illustrated and very easy to follow. The variety of themes and projects included will keep you learning for hours and hours all while having fun and getting inspired.
Inside the Book
- The book covers the drawing guidelines from the basic level to grow the creative skill of kids.
- It stimulates the children to keep practicing with some wonderful projects and extraordinary diagrams.
- The book teaches them how to draw, how to use a pencil, and how to create formation exquisitely.
- It demonstrates some real-life art projects and gives some home works to warm them up.
- The kids will find the conception of texture, illustration, shades, and other principal art compositions through this great book.
- It will help them to sketch from imagination and to capture things from their surroundings.
- The book is ideal for 4-6 grade students and gives the incentive to get superior art knowledge.
4. How to Draw Anime: Part 1 Drawing Anime Faces
If your child, tween, or teen love anime and drawing anime, this book will teach them in an easy way how to draw anime of all kinds. It starts with the basics and teaches them to step by step the process of drawing anime in a fun way. This book will teach your child how to draw, step by step, with the easiest approach possible by using simple shapes. Each tutorial makes learning how to draw Anime as simple as possible.
Joseph Stevenson has been teaching kids how to draw for almost ten years now, and his drawing techniques really work. With this no-tears strategy, learning how to draw is fun for children as young as 5 years old, but also works for adults and teens. Learning to draw Anime is fun for kids, but even more fun when it comes easy to them. This book does just that making drawing fun and easy for everyone. This book will turn your child into the artist that he or she wants to be. Each animal drawing lesson is a step-by-step process. Each tutorial is broken down into the simplest of steps that can be followed by most people.
This book is for both boys and girls, and is good for kids of most age ranges, but is best for kids aged 9-12 – but if your kids are 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, etc, they will all have fun trying these drawing tutorials out. Have fun drawing the day away.
Inside the Book
- The book is composed of some advanced suggestions and techniques to teach kids about drawing anime.
- It helps a child to acquire anime drawing skills within one to two months at best.
- This guidebook introduces the kids to shapes, lines, shades, textures, and illustrations.
- It describes how to use all the art materials and how to add a professional look to artworks.
- Each anime drawing lesion comprises some stunning projects to make them experts in drawing.
- The book helps them to explore new concepts, methods, and styles of drawing.
- It will let them be highly efficient in leaving their creativity on paper with much enthusiasm.
5. Portrait Drawing for Kids: A Step-by-Step Guide to Drawing Faces
Anyone can take a picture but drawing a person with recognizable likeness takes practice. Portrait drawing offers a completely unique interpretation of your subject, and Portrait Drawing for Kids gives budding artists the skill set they need to draw pictures of themselves, their families, and friends.
Broken down into simple, step-by-step instructions, this book will teach you every aspect of portraiture, from features of the face to capturing emotions, to techniques like shading and highlighting. This drawing for kids book will help you take your artistic talents to the next level beginning with a sharpened pencil.
Portrait Drawing for Kids includes not only will you learn to create pictures of other people, but you’ll also learning the art of self-portraits. Each lesson offers separate drawing for kids exercises to inspire you to establish your abilities on your own. Get introductions to your full range of art instruments from sketch pads to colored pencils as well as terms of the trade like contour, mid-tones, exposure, and more.
Interested in a drawing for a kids’ book but not sure where to start? Portrait Drawing for Kids is ideal for budding artists! Learn to draw with a variety of tools, as well as learn essential art terms like contour, mid tones, exposure, and more.
Inside the Book
- The book covers the techniques and suggestions of real-world portrait drawing.
- It covers the ins and outs of the portrait drawing through some diagrams and notes.
- Your kids will be experts in drawing complex facial structures through this masterpiece.
- It offers a good collection of exercises in every lesson to make your children skilled in drawing.
- The book teaches every aspect of portraiture and gives a completely unique interpretation of portrait drawing.
- It’s a helpful book for learning the techniques of shading, highlighting, capturing, and so on.
- This book introduces the children to a wide array of art instruments.