Biology, indeed, is an amazing subject to study as it deals with living organisms and their vital processes. Taking into account the subject extent and complexity of concepts, and difficult terminology, it would be slightly challenging for you to be proficient in biology courses at the high school level. But, there is no little concern about the difficulty. Because you are getting here appealing, comprehensive, and well-written biology books for High School that covers a lot of information in an easy-to-understand format. The following books will make the subject not only interesting to you but also you will find a deeper source of achieving biology knowledge.
Best Biology Books for High School Students
|Book Name & Author||Image||Rating||Price|
|Everything You Need to Ace Biology in One Big Fat Notebook by Workman Publishing & Matthew Brown||9.7||View on Amazon|
|Must-Know High School Biology by Kellie Ploeger Cox||9.2||View on Amazon|
|High School Biology Unlocked: Your Key to Understanding and Mastering Complex Biology Concepts by The Princeton Review||9.4||View on Amazon|
|Biology Made Easy: An Illustrated Study Guide For Students To Easily Learn Cellular & Molecular Biology by NEDU||9.0||View on Amazon|
|Biology: A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self Teaching Guides) by Steven D. Garber||9.2||View on Amazon|
1. Everything You Need to Ace Biology in One Big Fat Notebook
You will get all basic biological concepts in a single book in a simple but descriptive way. In fact, the book covers everything you need to master in biology. The essential textbook breaks down the complex concepts in an easy-to-understand, accessible, and engaging approach to strengthen your learning process. Effective hands-on activities and some special exercises will develop your learning process. The simple explanation with visual diagrams and illustrations makes biological theories easier for you.
The book offers you deep insight into biological classification, cell theory, evolution, eco-system, and other essential topics. Moreover, you will get in-depth knowledge of bacteria, viruses, photosynthesis, mold, fungi, the human body, and so on.
Inside the Book
- The book breaks down the complete syllabus of high school biology in an easy-to-understand format.
- It explains the complex themes in a structured, engaging, and interesting approach.
- This book provides clear definitions, additional information, and massive resource in each chapter.
- The book covers the theories of the cell, human body, evolution, animal reproduction, and so on.
- It interprets the concepts of DNA and RNA, bacteria, viruses, photosynthesis, and biological classification.
- You will have exhaustive knowledge of genetic engineering, the ecosystem, and other major topics.
- The book includes diagrams, quizzes, educational doodles, and visual illustrations to speed up your learning process.
2. Must Know High School Biology
This must-have book comes with crucial ideas and concepts that will guide you to success in biology. Each chapter describes the concepts in an appealing and compelling way to make you dominate the subject. It gathers more than 250 practice questions so that you can make your concept clear. You will not need to memorize the theories as it explains everything in a creative way. The presentation of a visual diagram will enable you to gain mastery of the subject.
Basic topics include photosynthesis, cellular respiration, macromolecules, cell, and energy transformation, and more. You will find the opportunity of knowing the structure of DNA and RNA. The easy-to-follow discussion of the ecosystem and its interconnectivity, plant reproduction, theory of natural selection, evidence for evolution, and genetics will seem comprehensible to you.
Inside the Book
- The book comes with an in-depth discussion of all the challenging biology subjects.
- It features extensive examples to allow you to gain optimal confidence in your classwork.
- This book will help you to answer all the questions on every topic as it includes up to 250 questions.
- You will gain mastery in biology since you will find new ideas and strategies behind the success of biology.
- It will reinforce your knowledge to a great extent and acquaint you with updated learning methodologies.
- You could have a clear understanding of the theories of cellular respiration, photosynthesis, DNA, and RNA.
- It covers the concepts of the ecosystem, animal reproduction, genetic engineering, evolution, and so on.
3. High School Biology Unlocked
This book consists of a wide range of lessons to help the students to level up their biological knowledge. It covers all the complex topics that you need to clarify to build a solid foundation in biology. The author explains the complex topics in a straightforward and approachable way in order that you can learn them easily.
It includes more than 100 hands-on practice questions with correct answers to boost your understanding. In addition, it incorporates huge examples to help you assess yourself and pinpoint your weak areas. The book presents some guided examples on how to solve problems at ease. As it covers the ins and outs of all key concepts of biology, you will need no supplementary book to pass your high school examinations with satisfactory results.
Inside the Book
- The book unfolds the key concepts of biology that are essential for high school students.
- This book incorporates massive examples and questions to boost your understanding.
- It has a wide range of lessons and each lesson provides a clear definition of each topic.
- The book offers the strategies and tactics for solving the complex problems of biology.
- It comes with an in-depth discussion of the concepts of cells, genetics, ecology, natural science, and so on.
- You will have a solid understanding of the theories of biological evolution, animal reproduction, and photosynthesis.
- The book is written in an approachable, engaging, interesting, and standard format.
4. Biology Made Easy: An Illustrated Study Guide For Students
Indeed, it has made biology easy for you. It presents the core concepts in an easy and accessible way that also will influence you immensely to choose a career in biology major at the upper level. You will become a gem of biological science in a short period of time. It will teach you everything systematically and strategically. This book will let you discover a better way to sharpen your knowledge.
The most unique feature of this book is the inclusion of 300 illustrations that will improve understanding and catch your brain remarkably. Moreover, it includes comprehensive self-testing units. It emphasizes the theories of cell signaling, oxidation, reduction, diffusion, osmosis, and more. You will also discover the concepts of DNA repair, gene regulation, cellular digestion, water, solution, and mixtures.
Inside the Book
- The book provides a complete biological framework and describes the difficult topics in easy to understanding format.
- It covers the key concepts of biology with clear definitions, examples, and additional information.
- This book explains the biological theories incorporating visual learning elements to aid you.
- The book focuses on the high school biology course and represents them in an engaging manner.
- You will learn the concepts of light-dependent reactions, cellular digestion, oxidation, and reduction.
- It delves deeper into the theories of meiosis, gene regulation, metabolism, enzymes, and so on.
- You will find a clear explanation of the concept of human evolution, passive and active transport, replication of DNA, and so on.
5. Biology: A Self-Teaching Guide
Biology: A Self-Teaching Guide offers you a solid learning experience breaking down the holistic concepts of biology. It does not matter whether you’ve previous knowledge of biology or not. You will definitely get prepared for taking part in your high school examinations as it defines the exhaustive theories in a digestible manner.
The step-by-step guide comes with extensive questions, a comprehensive glossary, and up-to-date information to suit your academic standards. The book includes a self-assessment unit in each chapter. You will master the fundamental concepts since the author explains everything in a story-telling tone. Moreover, the author focuses on crafting the narrative style in order that it becomes suitable for the independent study.
In this book, you will have authentic information on whether viruses are living or dead, how photosynthesis occurs, and the comprehensive treatment of all aspects of life science. The reproductive sexual terms behind cloning will be clear to you.
Inside the Book
- The book comes with a clear and concise discussion of all the major biological concepts and terms.
- It provides some extraordinary tips and instructions to the high school students to excel in biology.
- The book covers the theories with numerous practice questions and up-to-date information.
- This book focuses on visual illustrations and diagrams to highlight the important points of learning.
- You will come across a practical learning approach and explore the fundamentals of the science of life at ease.
- It will clarify the concepts of cellular division, respiration, viruses, bacteria, ecosystem, and so on.
- It will be a perfect study companion for you to have a rock-solid preparation in biology.